The Australian International School in Singapore (AIS) was founded in 1993 and has since been providing an Australian education for students from Pre-Primary to Year 12. The school has a strong focus on academic excellence, with a range of programs and initiatives aimed at helping students achieve their full potential.
Exam System: The school follows the Australian curriculum, and students sit for Australian examinations, including the Year 12 Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) exams. The ATAR is the primary criterion used for entry into Australian universities, and AIS consistently performs well in these exams.
CCAs: AIS offers a wide range of co-curricular activities (CCAs), including sports, music, drama, and community service. These CCAs provide students with opportunities to develop their skills and interests outside of the classroom and build well-rounded personalities.
Achievements: Over the years, AIS has achieved many accolades, including being recognized as one of the top international schools in Singapore. The school has also been awarded for its innovative teaching practices, use of technology in education, and student wellbeing programs.
Notable Alumni: Some of the notable alumni of AIS include actors Liam and Chris Hemsworth, professional tennis player Bernard Tomic, and entrepreneur Daniel Grollo.
School Fees: The school fees vary depending on the level of education and citizenship status. For example, for the academic year 2022, the fees for Year 1 to 6 for Singaporean citizens are SGD 28,070, while for non-citizens, it is SGD 33,220. For Year 7 to 12, the fees for Singaporean citizens are SGD 36,890, while for non-citizens, it is SGD 43,540.
Location: The school is located in Lorong Chuan, in the central part of Singapore, and is easily accessible by public transportation.
How to get there: The nearest MRT station is Lorong Chuan MRT, which is on the Circle Line. From there, it is a short walk to the school. Alternatively, there are several bus routes that stop near the school.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Articles Categories[Primary Articles | Secondary Articles | JC Articles | University Articles | General Articles]
Related Articles in Category : Secondary