Full Subject-Based Banding (FSBB) is an education policy in Singapore that aims to provide greater flexibility and choice in secondary school education. Under the FSBB policy, students in Secondary 1 (S1) are placed in classes based on their academic abilities in each subject, instead of being streamed according to their overall academic performance.
For example, a student who is strong in mathematics but weak in English may be placed in an S1 Mathematics class with other students who are similarly strong in mathematics, regardless of their overall academic performance. Similarly, a student who is strong in English may be placed in an S1 English class with other students who are similarly strong in English.
The FSBB policy is designed to cater to the individual needs and strengths of students, and to encourage them to pursue subjects that they are passionate about. It also provides greater opportunities for students to take higher-level subjects in Secondary 3 (S3) and 4 (S4), which can better prepare them for post-secondary education.
FSBB was implemented in all secondary schools in Singapore from 2020. However, it is important to note that schools have some flexibility in how they implement the policy, and the specific details may vary from school to school.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Articles Categories[Primary Articles | Secondary Articles | JC Articles | University Articles | General Articles]
Related Articles in Category : Secondary