School of the Arts, Singapore - SOTABy: Willet, in Category: Secondary
SOTA stands for the School of the Arts, Singapore. It is a specialized independent school that provides a unique and integrated arts and academic curriculum for students who are passionate about the arts. Here is some information in detail about SOTA:
Vision and Mission: SOTA's vision is to be a preeminent institution in arts education that inspires and nurtures creative excellence and self-discovery. Its mission is to provide a creative environment that challenges students to explore, create, and innovate in the arts and beyond.
Curriculum: SOTA offers a six-year Integrated Arts and Academic Programme (IAAP) that includes both arts and academic subjects. The arts subjects offered at SOTA include Dance, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, and Literary Arts, while the academic subjects include English, Mathematics, Sciences, Humanities, and Mother Tongue languages. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a broad-based education that integrates the arts and academics, and encourages interdisciplinary learning.
Facilities: SOTA has state-of-the-art facilities that include a black box theatre, dance studios, music practice rooms, visual arts studios, media and digital arts labs, and a library. The school also has a rooftop garden that provides a green space for students to relax and socialize.
Admission Criteria: Admission to SOTA is based on a talent-based selection process that assesses students' potential and aptitude in the arts. Applicants must also meet the academic requirements and undergo an interview process. Students are selected based on their creative potential, artistic aptitude, academic performance, and personal qualities.
Co-Curricular Activities: SOTA offers a range of co-curricular activities that complement the IAAP and provide students with opportunities to develop their interests, skills, and leadership abilities. These activities include cultural immersion trips, arts festivals, community outreach programs, and student-led initiatives.
Alumni: SOTA has a strong alumni network that includes successful artists, performers, and creative professionals in various fields. Many SOTA alumni have gone on to study at top universities and art schools around the world and have achieved recognition for their creative achievements.
In summary, SOTA provides a unique and integrated arts and academic education that nurtures students' creativity, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Its rigorous and holistic curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities, and talented faculty and staff create an inspiring and supportive learning environment that prepares students for a successful and fulfilling career in the arts and beyond.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Articles Categories[Primary Articles | Secondary Articles | JC Articles | University Articles | General Articles]
Related Articles in Category : Secondary