The Integrated Programme (IP) is an educational pathway offered by certain secondary schools in Singapore. It provides a seamless six-year secondary and pre-university education for students, allowing them to bypass the O-Level examinations and proceed straight to the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma programme or other pre-university programmes.
Advantages of the IP:
- Flexibility: Students have the flexibility to explore different subjects in depth and pursue their interests without being constrained by the O-Level syllabus.
- Rigorous curriculum: The IP curriculum is more rigorous and challenging, providing students with a solid foundation for further studies at the pre-university level and beyond.
- Cohesive learning experience: The IP provides a cohesive learning experience that allows students to develop their critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Time-saving: By bypassing the O-Level examinations, students save time and can focus on their academic and personal development.
Drawbacks of the IP:
- Pressure: The IP can be more challenging and demanding than the O-Level route, which can put students under pressure to perform at a high level.
- Limited options: By committing to the IP, students are limited to a smaller number of schools and may miss out on other opportunities such as vocational training or early entry into the workforce.
- Reduced socialization: The IP may not provide as much social interaction with students from other schools, which can limit students' social development.
Future of the IP: The IP has gained popularity among students and parents, and it is expected to continue to grow in the future. The Ministry of Education has also expressed its commitment to the programme and plans to expand the number of schools offering the IP.
How to get into the IP: To be eligible for the IP, students must meet the admission criteria set by the schools offering the programme. These criteria typically include academic performance, extracurricular activities, and a written application. Students are encouraged to research and choose the IP schools that best match their interests and goals.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Articles Categories[Primary Articles | Secondary Articles | JC Articles | University Articles | General Articles]
Related Articles in Category : Secondary